Sunday, December 30, 2012

Top 2012 Posts

I hardly ever look at the stats of my blog, but thought it would be fun to look back on the year and share the top 5 most popular posts from 2012.

My son's 11th birthday party was a big hit. I think a lot of boy moms are interested in throwing Nerf parties.

A couple of my Collage Friday posts were viewed multiple times. Have you visited Homegrown Learners? I really appreciate all the resources and ideas Mary shares and she graciously hosts Collage Friday each week. It is a fun link-up and definitely worth your time to check out because you will discover fun ideas and encouragement.

Another popular post from this year was the one where I shared about using bio poems for character analysis in our studies. The children read books about Harriet Tubman and then used a bio poem template to help them write their poems.

My daughter enjoyed a special spa party for her 10th birthday this year. I shared about this simple party back in November.

Slowing down in December seemed to hit a chord with many and I am grateful we made this choice to slow down and truly enjoy this month. However, it is time to start anew and I believe we are ready because we did slow down in order to enjoy our Christmas break.

Blogging is a fun way for me to share with family and friends what is going on in our lives and our learning adventures as well. I used to be a scrapbooker, but since I started blogging I've done very little of that. I am grateful for all the ideas, resources, and creativity I find in the homeschooling blogging community. I look forward to continuing to chronicle our family's journey in 2013, and I pray I will continually choose to be joyful always (1 Thess. 5:16).

No comments: