Thursday, August 2, 2012

Our Tiny Garden

This year in our tiny garden, we are growing zucchini, yellow squash, and tomatoes. My daughter is also growing a watermelon, but it is not ready for pickin' yet. 


Here are a few of the ways we've been enjoying our fresh garden vegetables this summer. 

Avocado, garden tomatoes, and turkey bacon on a piece of romaine lettuce. This is what I call a no-carb BLT + avocado.


Breakfast Casserole with shredded yellow squash. 

 Zucchini Boats. I had never made these until this year and they are a favorite of mine and I've enjoyed trying out different varieties!


Last night, I sliced up a yellow squash and roasted it in the oven. I found a recipe over at pinterest, and it is definitely a keeper!

What are some of your favorite ways to enjoy garden fresh vegetables? Do you grown any of your own vegetables? Having a garden is a fun, easy, and practical way to do nature study with your children!

No comments: