Sunday, May 22, 2011

A Peek at Our Family Meal Table This Week

biscuits and gravy by cassehn, on Pix-O-Sphere

I used to post menus regularly, and then I stopped. I plan menus every two weeks and so it is not a problem to share them here on my blog, and also share the recipe links I come across. My husband also likes to check the blog while he's at work so he knows what to expect for supper when he comes home. This is what our family will be enjoying around our family table this week.

Sunday - leftover pizza for lunch after church and a cook-out after the AWANA awards ceremony.

Monday - Sausage Stroganoff, green beans, and homemade whole wheat hot rolls. The stroganoff recipe is a new one. I'm hoping we like it because we butchered a hog back in January, and I need to find more creative ways to use up the meat.

Tuesday - Biscuits and Gravy (my son's request)

Wednesday - Sloppy Joe Pizza (Kids in the Kitchen night)

Thursday - Ribs, Potato Packets, and pasta salad (Heath is grilling night)

Friday - Tacos (another request from my son). Something I do to cut costs is add one can of refried beans to the ground beef after it is cooked, add a little extra taco seasoning and it makes the taco meat go a lot further.


This week, I will also let my little muffin maker choose if she'd like to make donut muffins or pumpkin chocolate chip muffins.

I also plan on making a pumpkin pie for my husband because it is his favorite! I have been doing the South Beach diet since the end of January (I've lost a little more than 20 pounds so far). I have not been baking as much as I normally do, and I think he's ready for a little treat.

I am linking up this week to Menu Plan Monday over at "I'm an Organizing Junkie." Click over to read more than 300 other menu plans for some inspiration!

1 comment:

Genevieve said...

That sausage gravy looks amazing! Gonna have to try it :-) And the sausage stroganoff too. Mmmm...