Friday, January 28, 2011

Cereal Box Book Reports

I've tried to be creative this year when it comes to book reports, and so far we've done a shoebox diorama, comic strip reports, , and book jacket reports. Of course we've done a couple of the boring old stand-by reports where you simply write down the title, author, and your favorite part or something you learned from the book. After the children finished "Meet George Washington" by Joan Heilbroner I had them do a Cereal Box Book Report. I used these instructions as a guideline.

This is the front of my 9-year-old son, T's, cereal box. He named his cereal "Battle Krunch." (I didn't even notice the misspelling until I was actually taking this picture). (smile)


My 8-year-old daughter, K, did her book report and then wanted to make a commercial of it. She's a typical over-achiever elementary little girl.


When the children were reading "Meet George Washington" I knew my son would love this book because he has been fascinated by George Washington for a couple years now! His Dad has told him all sorts of interesting information about when Washington was a soldier. I had a few proud Mommy moments when T read MORE than was assigned each day! But then the TRUTH came out. He was reading MORE so he would read the book faster than his sister. He did say he thought it was a good book. Boys - they're so competitive. He cracks me up!

We've had a lot of fun with book reports this year, and I have been so thankful for all the wonderful ideas I find around the world wide web. One place I go to a lot is Jimmie's Collage. Jimmie has a NEW blog called The Notebooking Fairy in addition to her regular blog. Her new blog is all about wonderful notebook pages (if you couldn't tell by the title). You should check it out! It is fun! I was really excited to find these postcard notebook pages!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I saw your tweet and popped over. Great cereal box reports! And thanks for the links and positive remarks.

Bro. Heath said...

He didn't misspell it. He went off a box of cereal we had that spelled it "krunch". So he was doing copy work of a cereal that was being "creative".

Nikki said...

Heath, look a little closer. He left out the "n" in Krunch. :)