Sunday, July 14, 2013

The Adventures of VBS Week

I spent the week serving at my church's VBS and my husband spent the week serving at a World Changer's project in Neptune, NJ. Our children enjoyed their last VBS with their PA friends and the week flew by and we did have a few adventures along the way. 


One night after VBS, I went to my van to go home but the van would not start. I hoped someone could just get the jumper cables hooked up and send me on my way, but no such luck since the battery needed to be replaced. Some great friends stayed late that night and fixed the van so the children and I would have transportation while Heath was out of town all week.



When Heath returned home on Saturday, we had a birthday cake waiting for him. Kaitlyn is still our cake decorator and she did a great job decorating the cake with M&M candies.


This week we are going to spend a day in D.C. before we move to IL since the children have never been before, I am going to get to spend some time with some friends a couple days this week, and we are going to have a walking taco party with the youth. I also need to do some packing this week too, but I want to make all the moments count here in PA with our friends before we pull out with the U-Haul on the 28th.

We would appreciate your continued prayers for our family as we say good-bye to our dear friends here, pack, and move to IL to our new church family and join them in service to the Lord. We continue to give God all the praise and glory for how He has worked so quickly on the sale of our home and trust Him to carry this process through to completion all for His glory.

No comments: