Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Momma on a Mission, Day 2

Today the children had to tag along with me while I attended a counseling session at our church. They took their little handheld game devices and hung out in a Sunday school room until I was finished. To bless them, I surprised them with an ice cream treat once we were done (I took my camera, but forgot to take a picture).

When my husband is away, the children BEG to sleep with me. So, I've decided to let them each take a turn. Which means 2 nights I get the bed to myself and 3 nights I have/get to share it!

This little "mission" of mine has revealed to me just how self focused I am. There are projects I want to work on, books I want to read, and things on Netflix I want to watch. I'm not saying I am not getting any time to myself, but I am saying that God is teaching me a lot about looking out for the interests of others and not just my own (Philippians 2:4).

Tomorrow afternoon we are going swimming and I will do my best to take some pictures of day 3 of this momma on mission.


No comments: