Tuesday, July 10, 2012

A Momma on Mission Day 1

My husband is on a mission trip right now with a couple hundred kids in Buffalo, NY and I am home with our three kids. I decided yesterday that I am on a mission too. I won't leave my town or even my home that much, but I have this week to spend with my three children and I am on a mission to spend TIME with them. Even stay at home moms can get so busy that we do not truly spend time with our children. I find myself barking orders and making commands more than running and playing with my children. I want to laugh a lot, have fun, and enjoy our week together. This will require me to slow down a bit, be selfless, and focus on making memories with my children more than focusing on my to-do list.

Yesterday, we slipped out of the house for a bit and went to the "cheap" theater to see "The Lorax." Sure, we could have rented the DVD, but we rarely go to the theater and I had a blast blessing my kids in this way and they were so excited and appreciative.

Do you need to slow down and enjoy spending time with your children? One of my best friends just moved her youngest child into his college dorm room. God has used her story to help me realize just how quickly time passes and I want to soak up these moments with my young children while I can.

How are you enjoying your summertime moments with your children?


1 comment:

Sandra said...

Looks like fun! What a great way to spend a hot afternoon!