Sunday, August 28, 2011

Food for Body and Soul

Here are my supper (or dinner if you prefer) plans for this week:

Monday: Sweet and Spicy Chili served with jalapeno cornbread. The cornbread recipe is a new one I'm trying from my newest Paula Deen magazine.

Tuesday: Taco Tuesday

Wednesday: Stroganoff and green beans

Thursday: Crock Pot Pineapple Pork served with brown rice.

Friday: Pulled Pork, Baked Beans, and Slaw

Saturday: Homemade Pizza

Sunday: Leftover pizza when we get home from church and then it's whatever you find for supper.

When we gather around our table to eat our meals, we will also take time to eat the Word of God. Jeremiah 15:16a says, "Your words were found, and I ate them, and your words became to me a joy and the delight of my heart."This week our family's memory verse is James 4:1 - "What causes fights and quarrels among you? Don't they come from your desires that battle within you?"

Do you read and/or memorize scripture together as a family? What will you be cooking for your family this week?

No comments: