Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Strawberry Lemonade Slushy

This week is a themed Works for Me Wednesday. The theme is all about yummy and refreshing summer recipes. This is a new one we have done a few times this year. Lemonade is something we usually have on hand throughout the summer, and we went strawberry picking earlier this year, so we have a nice amount of frozen berries in our freezer. I'm not a real "measurer," so I hope you can bear with me on this recipe.

Strawberry Slushy

Put desired amount of lemonade in the blender
Put desired amount of FROZEN strawberries in the blender
Blend together and there you have it - a strawberry lemonade slushy!

*Update - A blog visitor left a recommendation in the comments section about adding seltzer to the mix. That got me thinking so today the kids and I made these slushies, and this time we put equal amounts of lemonade and lemon lime soda and then added in the strawberries, blended, and there you have it - a new improved strawberry slushy!

For more great refreshing summer recipes, click over to We Are That Family where more bloggers will share links for their Works-for-Me-Wednesday ideas!


5 comments:

Monica said...

I've been searching for a recipe for a slushy. This sounds perfect. Strawberry slushies are my favorite!!

Tracey said...

This sounds delicious - and I think my girls would love making it as well as drinking it!

Barb said...

What a simple, easy recipe! Another twist would be to add some seltzer.

Nikki said...

Barb, I love that idea! Thanks!

Totallyscrappy said...

Drooling just thinking about a strawberry lemonade slushy!