Friday, June 11, 2010

Summer Reading

Since April 2009, I have been enrolled at the University of Missouri through their online degree completion program. When I decided to get married and start a family, I left behind 101 college credit hours at MU. Did you know you only need 120 for a Bachelor's degree? I am so close to completing my degree, my husband and I decided for me to finish. No, I have no plans of quitting the best job I've ever had (wife, mother, home educator, and homemaker), but I simply want to finish what I started back in August of 1996, and I also enjoy learning. I have taken 15 credit hours so far, but this summer, I am taking a break! I am excited about this because I have time to read books that I want to read. Here are a few books I plan on reading this summer:

Mission of Motherhood by Sally Clarkson
Lies Women Believe by Nancy Leigh DeMoss
Everybody's Normal 'til You Get to Know Them by John Ortberg
Calm My Anxious Heart by Linda Dillow
Great Expectations by Charles Dickens
Northanger Abbey by Jane Austen
William and Catherine, The LIfe and Legacy of the Booths by Trevor Yaxley

Do you enjoy extra reading time during the summer months? What are you planning to read this summer?

No comments: