Thursday, December 10, 2009

Gingerbread People Cookies

The children and I are enjoying our time together. We are reading, writing, doing math, and doing one fun activity together everyday. On Wednesday we made gingerbread men and women. When my daughter woke up she asked if we were going to do an art project today. I almost said, "no," but then I said, "Yes, we're going to decorate gingerbread men." I think it totally counts as art, don't you?


This was her first time ever using a piping bag. She did a pretty good job. Icing only oozed from the top a few times:)


He couldn't wait to taste his sweet piece of art.


We had to take a picture of the now one-legged gingerbread man!


Gingerbread King and Queen


We'd like to thank our friend, Tanya for sharing her gingerbread cookie recipe with us. This was the first time our family has ever made these kinds of cookies. We had a lot of fun!

1 comment:

Muthering Heights said...

I think they did a fabulous job! :)