Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Homeschooling & Ministry


This week I've been reflecting a lot about homeschooling and the many reasons I am blessed to do what I do. My husband is an Associate Pastor. We have a Bible study in our home most Sunday nights. The study lasts about one hour, but people like to hang out, drink coffee, and eat cookies. So, it is often 9pm or later before everyone leaves our home. We really enjoy this time with our church family. Because we homeschool, we can enjoy a late start on Monday morning if we have a late bedtime on Sunday night. I am thankful that we can relax and be flexible, and teach our children the importance of truly investing our lives in other people's lives. Loving and encouraging your brothers and sisters in Christ is more important than getting to bed on time so you can start your school work by 8am on Monday morning. God has always shown us that He will give us the strength we need to get up the next morning and complete all our work. I try to keep Matthew 6:33 as my focus in life. This is how I paraphrase this verse: If you seek God first and His righteousness, then everything else in your life will fall into place. If I put the needs of others above my schedule, He will bless my service to Him and help me to accomplish the things I need to accomplish.


No comments: