Monday, June 17, 2013

Lauren's Baptism


Lauren was suppose to be baptized on Easter Sunday, but she was very sick and had to miss church. However, she was able to be baptized yesterday, which was Father's Day and what a special gift for her daddy since he got to baptize her.

When I was helping her dry off and get dressed for the remainder of the worship service, I told her I was able to take a video of her baptism. She told me, "Mom, don't ever lose that video because this is the one and only time I'm every going to get baptized because I know I'm a Christian."

Thank you Father for making Yourself known to this child of mine. I continue to pray for her to walk closely with You all the days of her life.

3 comments:

Linda Weaver said...

How beautiful! Love that the reschedule date was Father's Day! What a privilege!!

Sarah said...

What a momentous occasion ... splashing some serious joy.

Delighted to meet you today. I hope you don't mind if I splash around a bit to get to know you. This looks like a refreshing place to dip my toes in some serious goodness.

Splashin'
Sarah

http://justsarahdawn.blogspot.com/2013/06/slosh-grace.html

PS I would be honored if you splashed other moms by sharing this post, or another one of your faves, sharing your notes about anything gloriously mom. Just moms. Sharing our notes. Creating a melody.

PhD by Publication by Zara said...

This is the sweetest thing I have seen. It is so wonderful that Lauren got to be baptized by her own father. That is a wonderful Father’s Day gift and a memory that they will always share and never forget.

My homepage: http://online-phd-uk.co.uk/