Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Changes are Coming


My husband has been given the opportunity to pastor a church in northern Illinois, which means we will sell our home, pack up our belongings, say good-bye to loved ones here in Pennsylvania, and move at the end of July. I am preparing to teach Vacation Bible School and in my lesson I am challenged to ask God to help me view change positively and confidently. I had to stop and highlight that challenge, because I am struggling. I am struggling with this upcoming change in my life. Saying "good-bye" to the many loved ones here in PA and all the unknowns of a new home and new place of ministry can quickly overwhelm me. I am honestly excited about the next adventure God has given our family, but change is still hard. I am continually learning to replace my fear with faith and as William Carey used to say, I "expect great things from God."

Would you please pray for our family as we say "good-bye" to our friends here in PA, and as we say "hello" to our new friends in IL?

I want to praise God for His great work. Our home was on the market for 8 days and we received an offer. Our home is under contract, and next week the inspection will take place. We are continuing to pray in faith, believing that God is going to wrap up the sale of our home before we pull out with the U-Haul.


Proverbs 3:5-6
Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your paths straight. 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nikki! I won't get to see you again before you move :( bummer... it was such a wonderful experience getting to know you during the Scalise wedding extravaganza! I'm sure your famly will be missed in Stewartstown - Aunt Lauree and Karen have always had wonderful things to say about you and Pastor Heath. I will be praying for you guys!

JessiAnn said...

Ahem... That was MY comment - I'm not anonymous!

Modest Mama said...

A new adventure! Moving is so much easier in the summer.

Following from the Crew.

Nikki said...

JessiAnn, we definitely need to stay in touch. Please keep leaving comments, e-mail and why aren't you on Facebook?!

JessiAnn said...

I used to be... about four years ago I went on a hiatus, and never went back! Now, I don't really want to! It would take up way too much of my time :) I already feel like I spend too much when I check in on the list of blogs and other websites that I enjoy - if I was on FB, I would be addicted... LOL