Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Spring Break

We planned our spring break around the Easter holiday. I scheduled for us to have Friday through Monday off and we had big plans to rest, play, decorate eggs, celebrate Lauren's birthday, worship our risen Savior, and enjoy a nice meal Sunday evening with some friends. If you take a peek at the pictures below it looks like our spring break was "picture perfect" but it wasn't. Instead it was filled with sickness (strep, stomach bugs, and even a mystery rash). However, we were able to squeeze some special moments in our days and make some memories. I can say without a doubt that this spring break will probably never be forgotten.  


Kaitlyn reminded me we hadn't decorated eggs since we lived in Missouri. So we made some preparations and had fun decorating on Friday afternoon once Lauren woke up from a good nap after not feeling well all morning.


On Saturday we celebrated Lauren's birthday. Well, everyone celebrated except for Dad because he was so sick he didn't even attempt getting out of bed to watch his sweet girl blow out her candle.


The Lord and I had pretty much a constant dialogue going throughout our entire spring break. I said, "Lord, this is not the spring break I had envisioned." Then He would bring Scriptures to my mind like "He (Christ) must become greater and greater, and I must become less and less" (John 3:30, NLT). This life really isn't about me and my wants, it's about loving and serving Christ and others. And what a week (Holy Week) to be reminded of that Truth as I loved, served, and cared for my sick and precious family.

No comments: