Thursday, March 28, 2013

Not my will, but Your will be done




 The Gospel of Mark 14:22-24, 32, 26
While they were eating, Jesus took bread, gave thanks and broke it, and gave it to his disciples, saying, "Take it; this is my body." Then he took the cup, gave thanks and offered it to them, and they all drank from it. "This is my blood of the covenant, which is poured out for many," he said to them ... They went to a place called Gethsemane, and Jesus said to his disciples, "Sit here while I pray" ... "Abba, Father," he said, "everything is possible for you. Take this cup from me. yet not what I will, but what you will." 

May I be like Jesus and always lift my cup up to the Lord and say "not what I will, but what You will." Jesus was willing to pour out his life completely. He was obedient to the point of death. Who am I to say "no" to God when He asks me to walk across the street to talk to my neighbor or help someone in need? Lord, not my will, but Your will be done. 





photo credit: bigmalakili via photopin cc

No comments: