Friday, October 21, 2011

A Glimpse into our Week

I'm out of town on a mission trip, but scheduled this to post while I'm away. Will you please pray for our team as we are spending our weekend in Pittsburgh, PA helping out a church plant?

This is a glimpse into our week.

The children have completed all the notebook pages for "Little House in the Big Woods" and "Little House on the Prairie." My son is a reluctant writer and I love how he is developing as a writer with all the daily small writing assignments in this Binder Builder from A Journey Through Learning.
This is what L looks like when she does her math. If I had all that hair in my face, it would drive me crazy, but she doesn't seem to mind one bit.

This week the children worked on some projects on Monday. The girls are learning to quilt (I'll post about that soon) and T did some work out in the yard. I think he felt pretty manly out there working on his own.
My daughter, K has enjoyed playing chess for a while now, and now T has taken an interest in it. I am thankful because it gives the two older kids something to do quietly together while I'm working with L on her reading, writing, and math lessons.

K wanted to try making her own perfume like Ramona did in Beverly Cleary's book "Ramona and her Father." We don't have any roses, so she thought she'd try petunias. Unfortunately, petunias don't make good perfume.


What have you been up to this week?

Did you see my Shed and Share post over at Peak 313 Fitness on Wednesday? If not, please check it out!

No comments: