Tuesday, July 5, 2011



Not giving thanks speeds things up, increases stress, and quite frankly, makes me one yucky person to be around. I feel like my world is spinning so fast and I just want to hit the pause button so we can slow down. I didn't post my list of thanks last week because I only had a few written down and before I knew it the week slipped away from me. Nine days passed without me writing down one single gift in my journal. No wonder I am overwhelmed, wound tight, and feel like I'm going to explode with busyness and the stress it brings.

"Wherever you are, be all there" is only possible in the posture of eucharisteo. I want to slow down and taste life, give thanks, and see God. ~ From Ann Voskamp's One Thousand Gifts

Father, thank you for these gifts. Thank you for showing me how great my need is for You and how much better I see you when I slow down, taste life, and give thanks.

290) Kids and tennis

291) 1 Corinthians 1:4 - Comforting others with comfort we received from Him.

292) Fresh cut daisies

293) Plans to travel home.

294) Fresh raspberries

295) Encouragement from others

296) In my difficult thanks I am shouting, "My God is still good!"


No comments: