Sunday, June 19, 2011

Menu Planning Around Summer Craziness

On Monday our family will be participating in a three week Tennis for Kids Program. That means leaving our house around 8:15 a.m. to set up activities and ending the "camp" around 11am. We will eat breakfast before we go, pack water bottles for the tennis camp and lunches for afterwards. The children and I will hang out the rest of the day until my husband's work day is complete so we don't have to drive back and forth so much to save on gas money. Suppers are going to be meals I have prepared ahead of time from either the freezer or crock pot cooking. I am very thankful for menu planning during busy times like this.

Monday: Mexican Chicken Casserole with either salad or veggies and dip
I have cooked an entire chicken in my crock pot, de-boned it, and using a portion of the meat to make this casserole. When we get home, I just need to pop it in the oven to warm it up.

Tuesday: Stroganoff
I have the stroganoff mixture in the freezer. I will stick it in the fridge before we leave in the morning. When we get home I will have to heat it up, add the sour cream, and cook the whole wheat egg noodles and dinner will be ready.

Wednesday: Chicken Quesadillas
Using chicken from the whole chicken I cooked earlier.

Thursday: French Toast and sausage

Friday: Taco Soup prepared in the crock pot

Saturday: Homemade Pizza Night

Sunday: Leftover pizza after church and then we're grilling for supper.

How about you? How do you prepare for busy weeks? My goal is to not have to resort to fast food because of a lack of poor planning on my part.

Things we will pack for lunches:
Leftovers, sandwiches, wraps, or pizza bread, with fresh fruit and veggies


No comments: