Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Healthy Alternative to Granola Bars


Our family has enjoyed these Oat and Energy Balls for a while now. My husband and I got to looking at all the ingredients on a granola bar package and realized we could not pronounce many of them, and I began investigating healthier alternatives. I am thrilled to share that K, my 8-year-old is in charge of making this healthy snack all by herself. Her help is a huge blessing to me! The food blog, "Yum in My Tum" is written by two girls I actually know in real life. I used to be their Sunday school teacher when they were in high school, and my husband used to be their youth pastor. Now they are both college graduates and married. Man, do I feel old! Please click over and check out the recipe for Oat and Energy Balls. They really are a healthier and tastier alternative to store-bought granola bars.


No comments: