Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Taco Pizza

I am making this for dinner tonight. This is an old post from April 2009. I had to look it up on here so I could remember how I made it, so I thought I'd repost it and share!

Pizza and tacos are two of our family's favorite meals. So, I thought I'd try to make Taco Pizza. Everyone in the family thought it was yummy. My son actually said, "Mom you can make this tomorrow, and the next day, and the next day, and the next day, and the next day...." You get the point. We eventually asked him to be quiet. We got his point!
I made my basic pizza dough crust and pre-baked it for 8 minutes in a 450 degree oven. Then, I added one can of refried beans, then put the seasoned taco meat on top, some cheese, and stuck it back in the oven for a few more minutes. Then, I set out toppings on the kitchen counter (lettuce, salsa, sour cream, and crushed taco chips). Everyone got to add their own toppings to their pizza, just like they would to a taco. I'll definitely make this again (like I am tonight).

1 comment:

Heidi said...

Thanks for posting this. We'll have to try this as a pizza alternative sometime soon. I used to get taco pizza at work and loved putting the toppings on it!