Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Zeezok Publishing ~ TOS Crew Review


I recently received the Italic Style, Complete Program of Presidential Penmanship from Zeezok Publishing to review for the TOS Crew. This is Zeezok's description of this product:

Originally released as an eBook, this Complete Program CD contains handwriting practice pages in a font similar to the Italic writing style for first grade through senior high. Print what you need, when you need it. Using presidential quotes and speeches along with famous documents from American history, Presidential Penmanship seeks to enlighten students on the principles of our nation's founding and history while reinforcing character qualities of good citizenship. Great for memorization or discussion as well as penmanship practice.

Printing what I need, when I need it is one of my favorite things about this product! I don't have a HUGE textbook or notebook taking up space on my already crowded book shelves. As we progress in our study of American History, I can see how this complete program on CD will be an incredible resource! I also think it's amazing that this is a resource I can literally use for the remainder of not only my children's elementary education, but also secondary.

We have incorporated this program into our Language Arts program for copywork practice for five weeks now. The Italic style of writing was a challenge for my children simply because it is different than what they are used to (I have always used Handwriting Without Tears for handwriting lessons). At first they looked at it and called it "fancy" writing and wondered if they'd be able to do it on their own, but they have done a great job! Next week, I plan on taking these Presidential quotes and continuing to do the copywork practice with the children, but take it a step further to dictation by day 4 or 5 of our school work week. Zeezok offers 6 different Presidential Penmanship sets. The Italic Style Complete Program of Presidential Penmanship that I received is priced at $39.95

Please check out the TOS Crew blog for more reviews on different versions of Presidential Penmanship and some crew members received Zeezok's Great Classic Composers' Series.

No comments: