This is what my older two children will be working on this week.
- Jesus Storybook Bible
- Review AWANA verses
- Family Worship
Math - Living Math Activities
A couple weeks ago, I came across this great site called Jimmie's Collage. From Jimmie's collage, I found over 100 different squidoo lenses where she has shared various lessons she has implemented into her homeschool curriculum. I found a lot of inspiration, encouragement and direction from her "Transitioning to Living Math" Squidoo page. I am very thankful for homeschool moms who take the time to take pictures, write, and share their creativity with others in the homeschool community. I found Jimmie over at the Heart of the Matter Forum. From the forum, she shared her blog address in her signature line. From her blog, I found the link to her Squidoo lenses. So, it might be a great blessing if you would take the time to CONNECT with others over at The Heart of the Matter's forum.
- Calendar Games
- Math Riddles
- A book of math riddles: How Many Feet? How Many Tails?
- Grocery shopping day activity - write down an estimate, then actual cost, and then figure the difference between the two
- Finish our study on Spanish Conquistadors
Considering God's Creation (Science)
- wrap up our study on the planets
- start unit on the earth
- Copywork - I'm going to start using the children's AWANA verses for their weekly copywork assignments. I want them to truly learn the scripture; not just say it once in their Sparks class and then forget about it.
- Spelling - just received a new product to review from the TOS Crew called All About Spelling.
- Silent Reading
- Book Report for Sarah's Wish
- Start new Read Aloud...any recommendations?
- Draw a portrait with watercolor crayons and "paint" with water.
- This week we are going to start studying Mozart.
Fun Fall Activity
- I got the inspiration for this activity after reading this blog post.
- We were able to get "How to Make and Apple Pie and see the World" from our library!
This is what my preschooler will be doing this week.
Working on matching uppercase with lowercase letters, and putting letters in abc order.
Identifying numbers, counting, calendar time, and putting numbers in order.
Reading lessons using the book, "How to teach your child to read in 100 easy lessons."
She joins us for read-alouds, fun fall activities, art, and Bible time.