Monday, August 17, 2009

Composer Study - Bach

We are going to do something new this year. It's what I call, "A Charlotte Mason Thing." We are going to study different composers! I am very excited about this! Simply Charlotte Mason is one of my favorite websites for Charlotte Mason information and resources. They have a section that describes studying composers very well.

You can find a lot of neat resources on THIS site. This is where I found Composer Coloring Sheets. The San Francisco Symphony has an AMAZING website for children!

I put together a Biography Report Form for the children to fill out at the end of our study. Click HERE if you'd like to take a look at it and feel free to use it if you'd like.

I went to our local library and did a search for Johann Sebastian Bach and came home with some wonderful CDs to listen to, and a few great books!

Here are the books we found and are using:

Do you and your family study composers and classical music? If so, do you have any ideas to share with us as we get started?

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

I've never had the kids study them...though I've wanted to try it. I'm going to look through the links you posted. Thanks. We love classical music at our house. I grew up on it and I want to cultivate a love for it in my kids. Great info. Thanks

Sandra said...

What a great idea! The kids are going to love it.