Saturday, November 22, 2008

Kid-Friendly Recipe




This weekend at Today's Housewife, they are asking their readers to share a kid-friendly recipe.

I asked my 6-year-old what she liked me to cook for her. She said, "macaroni and cheese and chicken and rice soup."

When she said "macaroni and cheese" I was reminded of this fun thing I've made the children a few times. It was a recipe I found at Kraft Foods. It's called Mini Octopus Macaroni and Cheese. Click here for the recipe.

Do you ever have leftover hamburger or hot dog buns? If so, you can use the hot dog buns to make peanut butter and banana sandwiches. I just open the bun up, spread on a thick layer of pb, and top with banana slices, close it up, and enjoy! With leftover hamburger buns, I take one half of the bun, spread on peanut butter and use raisins to make two eyes, one nose, and a smiley face. Sometimes we take pretzel sticks and make "hair" on our hamburger bun by sticking the sticks into the bread all over the top of the bun.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is totally random, but I just read this post...and I love the hair idea! :)