Saturday, December 8, 2007

I'm Thankful for...

This post is coming a little late, but I wanted to do it anyway. On Thanksgiving Day, we asked the children to tell us some things they are thankful for. These are their responses, in their own words.
Tyler: food, fire, and ants.
Kaitlyn: toys, our days that we have good times and fun times, and houses, and churches, and for Jesus.
Lauren: Jesus house, family, presents, daddy, momma, and my birthday.

I know Tyler said food b/c we were surrounded by food, and the fire was prompted by the candles on the table, and ants...well, the kid just likes bugs! Kaitlyn just tends to go on and on, and she really does have a heart of praise and thanksgiving! When Lauren said "Jesus house," we really don't know if she's talking about church, or is thankful for the "Jesus book" (this is what she calls her children's Bible).

We spent the entire day at home, just the 5 of us. We chose to not travel because it's precious to have some time alone together at home with nothing on our to-do list. We all enjoyed spending some time playing out in our first snow of the year, and I was able to start some Christmas decorating.

Kaitlyn always wants to be my helper in the kitchen. There wasn't much cooking she could help me do, but I did put her in charge of setting and decorating the table. Here is a picture of her finished place setting. She wanted to fold the napkins in triangles:-) We also don't get our snowman dishes out until after Thanksgiving, but we decided they would be a nice touch since we did have a white Thanksgiving here.


No comments: