Monday, November 11, 2013

Look Who's 11 on 11-11




Today, my middle child turns 11 and she is looking less and less like a child and more and more like a young lady. I love her creativity, sensitivity, funny personality, and her tender and sweet heart.

One day last week, I asked her if she ever really wanted to do something really awesome for God, but didn't know what or even how to begin. She poured her heart out to me and it was so awesome to hear her share some desires of her heart.

Since I carried her in my womb, I have prayed for her to faithfully walk with the Lord all the days of her life, for that is all that truly matters because this relationship with Jesus has eternal worth and if she keeps seeking Him first, then everything else will fall into place and He will make her path straight (Mt. 6:33 and Pr. 3:5-6).


My prayer for you, Kaitlyn, is for you to always focus on serving and pleasing Christ and not people in all areas of your life (Galatians 1:10). Just because you are a child, does not mean you cannot serve and do mighty things for the Lord (1 Timothy 4:12). If you want to study and teach God's Word, then obey God and do it. Ask Him to give you opportunities to minister and serve in His name and for His glory. 

3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Happy Birthday, Kaitlyn! May you be blessed today and all days!
Love,
The Benge Family

Unknown said...

What an amazing prayer! I pray a similar prayer for my son. I hope she had a wonderful birthday!

Unknown said...

What an amazing prayer! I pray a similar prayer for my son. I hope she had a wonderful birthday!