Tuesday, August 28, 2012

A Peek Into Our School Day

My 2nd grader practicing some math facts on the white board. 


 My 5th grader writing a report on jaguars. We are studying the gold rush, which led to a study on South America because many of the 49ers traveled around Cape Horn just to make their way to the California Gold Rush.


I have been suffering with some pretty bad allergies the past few days and my voice was so tired from reading The Moccasin Trail and I still needed to read two chapters about Wilbur Wilberforce. So, my sweet little man said, "Mom, you don't have to read that, I can read for you. I know you don't feel well."


My husband is home on Wednesday mornings. I am pretty sure he is reading his ESPN magazine while my 4th grader is reading By the Great Horn Spoon. 


How's your school year going? What kind of fun things are you reading and learning about?

2 comments:

Bro. Heath said...

I always think my hair looks ok until you take a birds eye picture of my head.

i cant decide said...

Cute pic of hubby and daughter reading together, lol. What a sweet boy to read for you. I hope you feel better soon! I had a horrible allergy day yesterday so I know what you are going through.