Friday, January 14, 2011

Living in the Now

L lost her first tooth on Sunday morning, January 9th. I cried because it's another reminder how fast these precious little ones grow up. I am thankful the children are healthy and growing, but I wish life would slow down just a little. I think we often miss out on a lot of JOYFUL blessings simply because we live our lives in too much of a hurry!

My husband and I are striving to live our lives "in the now." We aren't going to dwell on the past, or try and predict the future, but to enjoy every moment the Lord gives us, and love like crazy all the wonderful people He places in our lives! Jesus tells us the two GREATEST commandments are simply to love God and people, and we are going to strive to do that everyday (Mt. 22:36-40).




3 comments:

Unknown said...

Awwww! Great philosophy to live in the "now", especially since time speeds up. :)

berrypatch said...

I love this! Time has a way of going by far too fast. Enjoying the moments as they come will bring lasting memories. (Stopping by as part of the TOS Crew Blog Walk.)

Jennifer @ Our Family Forest said...

My 6 year old is due to loose her first tooth any day now and I so glad to hear that others get emotional about that sort of thing too! Love your outlook on making the most of every moment and loving people to our fullest, I couldn't agree more! God bless!