Sunday, April 18, 2010

Alphabet Beats


The Alphabet Beats, writing lowercase letters DVD certainly did help "make learning easy and fun" for my preschool daughter. I currently have a handwriting program that I am quite happy with, because it worked wonders for my son when he was younger. But, I was very interested in giving this product a try because my preschool daughter is an auditory learner. I knew the rhythmic chants that go along with the actual writing strokes would be a perfect fit for her learning style.

The child watches short five minute lessons with Miss Marnie, and then they write along with her. My daughter told me that "She (Miss Marnie) is an expert!" Before we began on our very first lesson my daughter said, "I'm so excited!" When we were finished I asked her what she thought about the lesson. She said, "It's good!" After using this regularly with my preschooler, she is now asking me to help her spell things. For instance, at Easter she wanted to write "Praise the Lord" on a picture she made for someone. Alphabet Beats has helped her become a more confident writer and this has encouraged her to want to write more!

I would recommend this product to other families, especially if your child is an auditory learner like mine! At the end of the day when my husband comes home, she can still recall the chants she learned from lessons earlier in the day.


There are two DVD programs available - one teaches uppercase and the other teaches lowercase letters. Each DVD is sold separately for $35 or you can purchase both for $64.99. If you would like more information, take a look at a demo video, or to order your DVD today, you can click over the the TV Teacher, Alphabet Beats website.
To read more reviews on this product, please click over to the TOS Crew blog. Some members reviewed the lowercase DVD, while others received the uppercase DVD to review.

No comments: