Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Redeemed


Kristi Stephens is on a mission to raise awareness for human trafficking. The quote below is how Kristi describes her two-week mission she is calling "Redeemed." Please take a moment and go read through the articles Kristi has posted this week. Please take a moment to pray for the many captives who are waiting to be set free. Please ask God what it looks like to act justly, love mercy, and walk humbly with Him (Micah 6:8) as you read through this week's Redeemed posts.

Redeemed is a two-week journey (March 22 – April 2, 2010) of learning about the harsh reality of human trafficking. It’s not easy to hear about.

But there are things we can do.

The more I learn about human trafficking, the more it vividly illustrates for me my state as a former slave, redeemed from the bondage of sin. Christ paid the price with His own blood to redeem my life from the pit – the least I can do in return is to tell others about the freedom available through my Savior. And as a former slave, redeemed by a God who loves justice and mercy, I feel compelled to do all I can to secure freedom for the millions of physical slaves in this sin-marred world.


1 comment:

Kristi Stephens said...

Thanks so much for posting this, Nikki!