Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Bowling Field Trip

On Monday, the children enjoyed a field trip to a local bowling alley! This was their first time bowling (besides on the Wii).


T said bowling was alright, but he still likes football better.

K said winning was her favorite part of bowling.


L said her favorite part was "rolling the ball and watching that thing take all the balls and bowling pins away. You know, that thing?" Yeah, I know what she means, but I sure don't know what that "thing" is called. It's the swiper thing, that's what I call it.

What are some of your favorite activities or field trips to do as a family or with a homeschool group?

3 comments:

Heidi said...

Hey, I just noticed on my BlogFrog widget that you had visited my blog. I thought I was following all the Crew's blogs, but I must have somehow missed yours. I'm following now! :)

Stephanie said...

I love it. They look like they are having a great time! "Back in the day..." I took bowling as a part of my high school PE class. So fun. We have a science center near our house that offers LOTS of fun stuff to do from a planetarium to walking trails with a huge swampy pond complete with frogs and turtles. During the summer they have a butterfly garden that is so much fun for the kids.

Nikki said...

Stephanie, that place sounds like a lot of fun. We have something near us that sounds very similar. I can't wait for all this snow to melt so we can enjoy the outdoors more. I told my husband the other day that I'm going to buy a pair of rubber boots so I can go out w/ the children!