Saturday, October 31, 2009

abcteach Membership ~ TOS Review

TOS Crew members were given a one month membership to the abcteach website. The website was familiar to me, even though I have never paid for a membership. As a homeschool mom, I have done many google searches for various resources or activities to supplement our lessons. A majority of the time one of the top google search results will be from the abcteach website. The abcteach website has two portions. The first portion is a free website with approximately 6,000 free printables. The members only portion of the site offers 35,000+ resources! As a member you will also receive a weekly newsletter that will alert you to any new additions to the website.

The cost of an abcteach membership is $40.00 for one year (about $3.35/month). Here are some of the benefits you will receive when you purchase a membership to this website:
  • 35,000+ resources with more added weekly to keep up with current and seasonal events
  • Broad range of subjects and levels (click here for more details)
  • No advertising on member's site
  • customer service representatives always available to help
When I first learned I had received a one month membership to this site, I didn't think it would be something I'd find extremely useful. Worksheets are not something we do a lot of in our day-to-day lessons. But, I was pleasantly surprised with all the resources I found. This website has a lot more to offer than a bunch of printable busywork (a.k.a. worksheets). We enjoyed the poetry forms, pattern blocks, tangram patterns, notebook pages, seasonal activities, file folder games, clip art, and lacing cards to just name a few.

I encourage you to go and explore the abcteach website today. If you've been homeschooling very long, I'm sure a search engine has directed you there a few times. If you develop your own curriculum, or enjoy supplementing an existing curriculum, I believe you will find many benefits to an abcteach membership!

To read what other TOS Crew members have to say about this membership, click here to read more reviews.

No comments: