Saturday, September 20, 2008

Apples Gallore!





Heath and I have been married almost 9 years. This is the 2nd time since we've been married that I've made apple dumplings. His mom gave me the recipe, and this recipe brings back lots of good memories for him. But, as you can see by the above pictures, why I do not make these very often. Coring apples is such a pain in the...arm!!!! But, K and I got the job done.

The Finished Product



Heath's Mom's Apple Dumpling Recipe:
Peel and core apples
Make Pie Crust, and roll out sections to wrap around each apple.
Syrup:
1 cup sugar
1 3/4 cup water
1 Tbsp. nutmeg
1 Tbsp. cinnamon
Bring to a boil and simmer for 5 minutes.
Pour over and bake 45 minutes @ 350 degrees

Washing Fruits and Vegetables:
This is something I've been doing for a while now. I used to just give everything a quick rinse under the sink, but it is so much healthier for everyone, if you will give them a good soak in a fruit and vegetable wash to remove any pesticides, wax, dirt, etc...I use Nature's Sunshine Concentrate. I love this because it's so much MORE than a fruit and vegetable wash!

No comments: