Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Attention All Homeschool Friends...help has arrived!

Thanks to two great products from The Old Schoolhouse Store, help has arrived for home educators to get organized and encouraged! The Old Schoolhouse Store is my favorite homeschool website. Recently, I was given the opportunity to review two of their products: The Schoolhouse Planner and their digital magazine. Please read below and learn more about this wonderful resource for homeschool families. I encourage you to take the time today and look around their site. There is something for everyone, no matter what grade-level, and no matter what learning style your family prefers.

The Schoolhouse Planner
The title of this item does not give it justice. The Schoolhouse Planner is way more than a planner. It contains recipes, any form needed to manage your homeschool program and your household. It also has amazing articles written to encourage and inspire every homeschool educator. This planner even contains many helpful documents such as a list of Presidents, capitals, U.S. documents, timeline of inventions, and more.

The Planner is easy to navigate around. I like how you can simply go to the table of contents page, and click on the exact calendar, form, recipe, article, information sheet you want. With one click of your mouse, you are there instantly! My favorite feature is the monthly calendar pages that provide space large enough to fill-in, not only my homeschool schedule, but household schedule also.

With one click of your mouse you can go check out this wonderful tool that will be sure to make your homeschool and household planning easier for you and your family! Click here. Once you reach the link, you will be given the opportunity to take a "sneak peek."

This Old Schoolhouse Digital Magazine
I’ve recently admitted to an addiction. I’m addicted to reading blogs! I now think that I could easily get addicted to reading this Digital Magazine. This magazine is just the encouragement I need in this journey as a homeschooling parent.
I must admit, at first I was a bit skeptical. I am new to e-books and digital magazines. I didn’t think they could possibly be as enjoyable as curling up on the couch and having the feel of paper between my hands. But, in this day and age, many are choosing to curl up on the couch with the laptop instead!

There are two reasons this digital magazine appeals to me: 1. It’s environmentally friendly. No trees were cut down in order to print, and you will not find heaps of old magazine pages in a landfill anywhere. 2. The cost is less than their paper version ($16.95/year vs. $25).

I do have to confess there are two reasons I struggle with much of my reading being in digital form. 1. If my husband is using our laptop, I can’t lug the desktop to the park and read while the children are playing. 2. With my new discovery of e-books and online magazines, we may have to invest in a larger hard drive!

Click here if you are interested in learning even MORE about the Old Schoolhouse Digital Magazine.

I hope you take the time to go and check out these wonderful products that are sure to be wonderful tools for all homeschool families!

No comments: