Monday, July 14, 2008

You Are Special

Everyday I tell my children how much I love them. Multiple times, actually. I also tell my children how special they are. They are special to me and to God. They are “fearfully and wonderfully made” (Psalm 139:14). God has special plans for them (Jeremiah 29:11). Often I will say,”________, You are so special! I’m so glad I get to be your mommy!”

Our “baby,” Lauren always says this to me after I tell her she’s special…”Yes, because Jesus gave me to you.” She’s right. Absolutely right! Jesus did give her to me!

When our firstborn was just a baby, a friend of mine taught me to sing or speak blessings over my children. My children (ages 6, 5, and 3) still ask me to sing this song to them. I’ll use our firstborn son’s name to share the words with you…

Tyler, Jesus loves you.
Tyler, Jesus cares.
Tyler, God has a plan for your life,
and you know that He’ll always be there.


I encourage and challenge parents to not only tell their children how much they are loved, but also let your children know how special they are. Speak or sing scripture over their lives!

No comments: