Thursday, August 26, 2010

Mountain Dew Cake

I found a recipe for Mountain Dew Cupcakes over at Confessions of a Cookbook Queen. I modified the recipe a bit and made a 9x13 cake instead, and I also modified the icing recipe as well.

This is the icing recipe I used:
1 stick of butter (softened)
1/3 cup of Mountain Dew
1/4 tsp. vanilla extract
1/4 tsp. lemon extract
Add powdered sugar (about 1 cup at a time) until you get the consistency you like. I am guessing that I used 5-7 cups. I know...not too exact. But I had a 2 pound bag and I almost used all of it!
Green Food Coloring
*I also colored some sugar with green food coloring and sprinkled it on top*

I made this cake to take to a pool party, and everyone who tried some said they really liked it! It was tasty. If you like lemon flavored desserts, you will like this cake!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This recipe sounds...interesting. :)

Thank you for the award. I will give it more attention when I am home from my vacation. (Though, I might possibly need another vacation!)