Thursday, January 2, 2014

2014 Scripture



The past couple weeks, I've been reflecting on 2013 and the areas of my life I want to improve in 2014. The words "steady" and "consistent" kept coming to mind over and over. I am really good at initially getting excited or motivated about a new goal (health or spiritual) and then fizzle out at some point. I want to be steady and consistent in my walk with the Lord. I truly respect my husband and when I see the closeness he has with the Lord and the good care he takes of his physical body, I see a man who is steady and consistent in his obedience. He doesn't overcomplicate things -- He simply takes one step of progress at a time and gets results. In searching the Scriptures (thank you biblegateway.com) I came across Proverbs 4:26. I appreciate how the NIV translates this verse:
Give careful thought to the paths for your feet and be steadfast in all your ways. 

I hope to live out Proverbs 4:26 this year and experience the steady, consistent, and victorious life Christ desires.


No comments: